[flud-devel] opaque data and non-auditability

Alen Peacock alenlpeacock at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 21:03:23 PDT 2007

On 6/7/07, Alen Peacock <alenlpeacock at gmail.com> wrote:
> This means that we will consume an extra ~400 bytes (more or less
> depending on the metadata) for each file block that we store.

  Actually, ~400bytes is what we'd consume if we stored this naively
with the file blocks.  I'm pretty sure there are some clever things we
can do to make this much, much less than that, e.g., split it into M
bits and replicate each of those throughout the blocks, or use
full-fledged encoding on it with the blocks (of course, doing this in
such a way so as to preserve CAS on the file block and with
survivability of the metdata >= survivability of the data itself).