[flud-devel] DHT justifications (was: DHT Performance? Design?)

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Tue Nov 6 20:52:51 PST 2007

> flud recently switched
> to zfec for erasure coding (created by zooko for Tahoe).  Its
> performance is quite satisfactory compared to rizzo, but of course has
> to pay the python wrapper penalty.  You can find benchmarks in the
> expected places

You don't have to pay the Python wrapper penalty (unless of course
you want the code invoking the erasure code library to be written in
Python) -- zfec has a documented C API -- see zfec's README.txt and
its fec.h.

And actually I went to some effort to minimize the Python wrapper
penalty.  The memory copies and so forth are kept to a minimum.

Regards,

Zooko